4:10 PM

(0) Comments

Street Fighter 4 Reviewed

Street Fighter 4 PS3 Xbox 360 Ryu Ken
I purchased the highly anticipated Street Fighter 4 yesterday and I can now say that this game lived up to the hype - for me, anyway. As a kid who grew up in the late eighties and into the nineties, I spent a lot of time with Street Fighter 2. It consumed a good two years of my life. For me, that game has always been what I compare other 2-D fighters to because it was so good. I think what I like most about SF4 is that it does a great job of capturing that same feel as the second one, while adding many new elements to the series.


The main difference besides the very nice artistic graphical overhaul, is the addition of EX moves. While not completely new to the series, it adds a new and welcome dimension to the gameplay. For instance, if you press two buttons while performing a special attack, you'll add a little extra damage to the move.


Pressing the two heavy buttons simultaneously executes a taunt, while the two medium buttons deliver a stun attack. The two light buttons are used for your throw move. Otherwise, the gameplay stays very close to the other installments.


I love the simplicity of this game. Unlike Tekken and Mortal Kombat, you don't have to memorize five pages of ridiculous button-mashing combos to be an effective fighter. The single player mode should keep most gamers busy for awhile trying to unlock nine hidden fighters and costume colors. There's also a challenge mode for those who like to test their skills.


Conclusion - If you're a fan of the series, buy it without hesitation and rest assured you'll get your money's worth. If you're new to the series, you shouldn't have any trouble getting into the mix of things.
0 Responses to "Street Fighter 4 Reviewed"

Post a Comment